This is a great chance for someone who is either an experienced Project Manager or a Project Engineer looking to step up into a full Project Manager's role. Do you have an understanding of Civil Engineering, Engineering Geology, Geotechnical Engineering or similar? Do you have Project Engineering/Management skills?
We are committed to providing our employees a stable work environment with equal opportunities for learning as well as personal growth and we encourage creativity and innovation. Great importance is also placed on maintaining the health, safety and welfare of employees.
Above all, employees are provided the same concern, respect, and caring attitude within the organization as the company owes its success to each individual employee.
The Project Manager is responsible for all phases of a projects lifecycle. The Project Manager is responsible for the safety of the team and provides the direction and leadership required to keep the project running smoothly and in accordance with the contractual requirements. The position is predominantly office based with site management postings to client interface meetings and mobilisation/demobilisations.
Functions and duties
The duties assigned to the Project Manager are varied, but will include:
- Ensuring QHSE policies and procedures are adhered to throughout a projects duration.
- Initiation of projects from commercial handover
- Accurate budgeting and financial tracking throughout the project lifecycle and providing feedback to the tendering department after project closeout
- Ensuring all pertinent projects KPIs are captured, recorded and distributed to all key stakeholders
- Responsible for all aspects of a geotechnical contract including client liaison, planning and scheduling, commercial control, staffing, supervision of execution
- Subcontract management including soil testing laboratories and freelance personnel.
- Approval of project documents and liaising with the relevant departments to ensure all post-project deliverables are completed according to contractual requirements
- Responsible for the quality of service to internal and external clients including interested parties
- Any other duties deemed necessary, which are within the bounds of the incumbent’s competence and function.
Qualifications and Experience
- Recognised qualification(s) in Engineering and or Management.
- 5 years’ experience.